I grew up reading comic books wanting to be a superhero. Comics taught me that those who speak the truth are heroes, all the rest are liars.

Monday, April 28, 2008

I Think Wright Is Right

I like Pastor Wright...I like the passion, the spirit, the fiery inspiration, and lastly, I just plain like the man...that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says...Erica Jong has it right when she says:
Just because a man is inspired by his pastor doesn't mean he agrees with every word his pastor says. Duh. Even a moron knows that. But inspiration remains important. And you will never be inspired by running stuff out of context and playing gotcha.

Our press has become a sea of triviality, meanness and irrelevant chatter.

Is anyone listening? Certainly not the mainstream press who have distorted and played his life's calling into a sound bite to used against Obama. Let's hope Mr. Wright takes on the press in his next sermon...they are long overdue to be called on the carpet for their outrageous characterization.

No comments: