I grew up reading comic books wanting to be a superhero. Comics taught me that those who speak the truth are heroes, all the rest are liars.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

When Snakes Rule, Bush on a Plane

Go see the movie 'snakes on a plane'. (no, no Bu$h and the NeoCons aren't in it…exactly). But it is a damm fine B-grade movie. My only word of warning is the flying snake in the movie theater is most probably a rubber snake, or at least it was during the showing I attended in Eagan. To my good, when it landed on me I shrieked like a deranged banchee and hurled the snake with my popcorn somewhere several feet to my left where a middle aged ex jock way over reacted and ran screaming down the isle swearing while trying to kill the poor fake snake. Thank g*d I took my high blood pressure meds earlier. And before you tell me snakes can't get on a plane…well - everything can happen.

Since we’re talking about slithering snakes on a plane…Bu$h is coming to town today to stump for his minions (Bachman and Kline?). That’s good. Bu$h probably has lower approval ratings than snakes, and by default so will the folks he’s trying to booster.

More snakes on a plane: looks like Bu$h with Tony Blair’s help have 'wag the tail' of intelligence community to create more terrorist hiss.steria…sigh..again. The latest ‘gonna blow up all our planes’ terror alert looks to have been staged by our twin boy snakes: According to Craig Murry (and you’ll want to read his whole report) last week’s terrorist romp was more of the same Bu$hsh*t:

None of the alleged terrorists had made a bomb. None had bought a plane ticket. Many did not even have passports, which given the efficiency of the UK Passport Agency would mean they couldn't be a plane bomber for quite some time.In the absence of bombs and airline tickets, and in many cases passports, it could be pretty difficult to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt that individuals intended to go through with suicide bombings, whatever rash stuff they may have bragged in internet chat rooms. What is more, many of those arrested had been under surveillance for over a year - like thousands of other British Muslims. And not just Muslims. Like me. Nothing from that surveillance had indicated the need for early arrests.

No comments: