I grew up reading comic books wanting to be a superhero. Comics taught me that those who speak the truth are heroes, all the rest are liars.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Signs and Omens At The Webster Parade

I'm on my second Coleen Rowley sign. The first was stolen. All the Democratic signs on a busy corner a block away disappeared the same night. It's more than a little suspicious because the wind is definately non-partisan. So was it local rethugs? probably..still it's only a sign, which brings me to the Webster parade last weekend.

Webster is a small community surround by farm land but turning into suburbs. It has Ettlin's Ranchero Supper Club, a couple of Lutheran Churches, a co-op and post office. In other words, Webster is the kind of place that still hold to the old values of a person's word is their bond. A nice community where you would feel comfortable raising your kids.

I came through town before parking and joining Coleen Rowley in the Webster Parade. A good 80% of the houses on the main street had Coleen Rowley yard signs in their front lawns. There were no John Kline signs..zip, zero, da nada. Not one sign in any yard.

I believe in signs as omens, the change is coming.

No comments: